Dental Bonding in Holden, MAModern cosmetic dentistry offers many options for improving your natural teeth and creating a beautiful smile. Dental bonding is a popular and affordable procedure that can help improve the appearance of your teeth. In most cases, tooth bonding can be done in one visit and doesn’t require any anesthesia. To find out more about dental bonding, please call Holden Family Dentistry at (508) 829-3292 to schedule a consultation. We are committed to providing high-quality dental care for all our patients, and we’re happy to answer your questions about improving your smile with dental bonding.
What is dental bonding?Dental bonding is a popular and cost-effective solution to enhance the look of your smile. It can be used to repair or fill in gaps between teeth or change the shape of teeth. The bonding material is made of composite resin applied to the tooth and then cured with a special light. The resin is tooth-colored to match the surrounding teeth, so it looks natural. Bonding usually lasts for at least 3-4 years before it needs to be replaced.
Why Choose Dental BondingDental bonding is a popular way to change the shape of your teeth and improve the appearance of your smile. However, many patients wonder if they should choose dental bonding, porcelain veneers, or other cosmetic procedures to fix the problems with their teeth. Why should you choose dental bonding? This depends on the specific situation. Your dentist can help you decide if bonding is right for you.
Benefits of Dental BondingTeeth bonding has many benefits:
- It can fix chips, gaps, and cracks in your teeth
- It is an inexpensive treatment for minor imperfections
- It can be completed in one appointment at our dental office
- It does not require anesthesia
- It can be removed without permanent damage to your teeth
Dental Bonding vs. Porcelain VeneersAlthough dental bonding and porcelain veneers can fix some of the same problems, there are some critical differences between the two:
- Dental bonding is almost always a less expensive option than veneers.
- Veneers are permanent and cannot be removed. Dental bonding requires less tooth enamel to be removed, so it can be removed without causing permanent damage.
- The resin used for dental bonding is more susceptible to staining than the porcelain used in veneers, so it isn’t an excellent whitening solution.
- Bonding will not last as long as veneers and isn’t as resistant to damage.
Frequently Asked Questions about Dental Bonding Services at Holden Family Dentistry
- How long does dental bonding last? Dental bonding can last anywhere from 3 to 10 years, depending on your oral hygiene habits.
- Is dental bonding painful? No, the procedure is painless. However, you will likely experience some tooth sensitivity in the days following the process.
- Can dental bonding be used to whiten teeth? Because composite resin is susceptible to staining, this treatment is not explicitly recommended for tooth whitening.
- How much does dental bonding cost? Dental bonding is one of the least expensive cosmetic procedures available. The cost depends on individual needs but usually ranges between $100-500 per tooth. Dental insurance will not cover the cost of this cosmetic procedure.
- What are the risks associated with dental bonding? There is a slight risk of infection if tooth decay isn’t cleared before the bonding process. However, a competent dentist will ensure your oral hygiene is sufficient before placing the bonding material. Although rare, there is also a risk that the patient will experience an allergic reaction to the resin.